Wednesday, May 6, 2009

drum circle style






last night i went to the drum circle, a weekly event. this week it was at cherry beach in Toronto, right on the water, with three bonfires going. needless to say it was brilliant. what was also brilliant, in my opinion, was what people were wearing. i was in awe of some of ensembles i saw. along with the whole atmosphere, the style had a hippie aesthetic to it. I saw a lot of amazing long lace-y skirts, often worn over loose linen or cotton pants. I also saw a lot of fine, loosely knitted wool scarves, shirts, sweaters and headbands, paired up with the lace made for an amazing look. My favourite item of the night was a wreath of flowers that this beautiful hippie chick was wearing on her head (above). It had ribbons flowing from the back. I also saw a lot of awesome wool/alpaca sweaters, which had that South American mountain range vibe. I tried to take pictures, but it was dark, and it wasn't really a picture-taking atmosphere, but I did what i could. I'll be going next week, and I will definietely show up early this time to take some pictures while its still light out.

No comments:

Post a Comment